YourNextApp might earn an affiliate fee on purchases made by means of hyperlinks on our web site.
Apple Maps has been restricted to a single vacation spot for a while. In iOS 16, customers are in a position to choose a number of stops. Here is how one can use it.
This function, known as Multi-Cease Routing, has been accessible in Google Maps for a while, however has been conspicuously absent from the first-party Apple Maps app — till now.
In iOS 16, iPad OS 16, and macOS Ventura, customers can plan routes with a number of stops earlier than the ultimate vacation spot. Along with planning, you can even add a cease to a single-destination route that you simply’re at present navigating.
We have been utilizing this function at YourNextApp for just a few months now, so learn on to study precisely what you might want to know to get essentially the most out of this highly effective new function.
The best way to create a multi-stop route in Apple Maps in iOS 16
- Open the Maps app.
- Faucet or click on the Search Maps area, then seek for a vacation spot by coming into an handle or a search time period.
- Choose your vacation spot from the search outcomes listing.
- Faucet the blue “Instructions” button— the button could have an icon that matches the mode of transportation you have got chosen: driving, strolling, transit, biking, or, if relevant, a trip sharing app. If you wish to change this setting for simply this route, you can achieve this within the subsequent step.
- You will be introduced with an inventory of attainable routes you may observe. Right here is the place you may see the brand new “Add Cease” button.
- Faucet or click on on “Add Cease” and you will be requested to enter or seek for one other cease.
- Repeat this course of till your route is totally calculated, then faucet on the inexperienced “Go” button to begin navigating.
The cease is added to the listing of locations, so it’s going to go on the finish of the route. This would possibly take some getting used to from a sensible standpoint. You possibly can simply reorder the stops in your route earlier than you begin navigating by utilizing the drag bars on the proper facet.
In our testing, we had been in a position so as to add a most of 13 stops to a single route in Apple Maps. That is definitely sufficient for many any use case, apart from perhaps essentially the most epic of street journeys.
Multi-Cease Routing is absolutely built-in in iOS 16 — together with assist for CarPlay — and works properly in many various situations. The one caveat is ETA sharing: in the event you share your ETA with somebody who shouldn’t be operating iOS 16, they may solely see the ultimate vacation spot of your route.